Connecting Management Consoles
To configure an appliance, you must set up a management console—a standard computer running any third-party terminal emulation software—to allow you to configure the router without an IP address using the Solace CLI.
To connect a management console, perform the following steps:
- Connect the provided straight-through RS-232 cable (with DB-9/RJ-45 connectors) to the RS-232 serial console port located on the rear panel of the router.
The default baud rate setting for the RS-232 serial console port is:
- 115,200 bps for Solace 3260, 3530, and 3560 appliances
- 9,600 bps for Solace 3230 appliances
- data bits set to 8
- parity set to none
- stop bits set to 1
- flow control set to “RTS/CTS” (sometimes referred to as “hard” or “hardware”)
Note: If required, you can change the default baud rate setting for the RS-232 serial console port through the Solace CLI after the router is powered up (refer to Changing Appliance Serial Console Port Baud Rates).
- Connect the other end of the cable to the DB-9 serial port on the management console.