SolCache Redundancy and Network Deployments
This section discusses some best practices for deploying SolCache within a network with Solace routers, including:
- implementing SolCache redundancy on a single Solace router
- using a Distributed Cache with a fault‑tolerant, redundant pair of Solace routers
- using a Distributed Cache in conjunction with routers installed in primary and backup data-centers for data center redundancy
- using Global Caching to extend the caching solution to a multi-region deployment
- recommended Multiple-Node Routing topologies for these various network deployments of SolCache
When setting up SolCache within a network of Solace routers, many deployment combinations and variations are possible. This section describes the most common SolCache deployment models. However, when planning a complex multi‑site SolCache deployment, Solace Professional Services should be engaged to assist with the network architecture design, and to make recommendations on the best deployment model for specific customer use cases.
Note: It is assumed that the reader of this section is already familiar with the basic concepts and configuration of SolCache, Distributed Caches, Global Caching, router redundancy, Multiple-Node Routing, Replication, and Config‑Sync.