VMR Configuration Defaults
Unlike a Solace messaging appliance, a VMR starts with a basic configuration that enables many of the common services. The basic configuration can be modified as required.
Note: When the VMR is reloaded (using the CLI
reload command, for example), the current configuration is preserved. However, the Solace CLI command
enable> reload default-config will restore the VMR to its initial basic configuration.
The basic configuration enables most common services on the VMR. In particular, the following is included in the basic configuration:
- Message spool is configured and enabled. The maximum spool usage is set to 1500 MB.
- Message VPN named
defaultis enabled with no client authentication.
- The client username named
defaultin the Message VPN named
defaultis enabled. The client username named
defaulthas all settings enabled.
- All features are unlocked and do not require a product key.
- All services are enabled. The table below lists the default port numbers that are used for those services.
Service Port Used Host OS SSH
2222: VMR Machine Image
22: VMR Docker Container
22: VMR Machine Image
2222: VMR Docker Container
SEMP/SolAdmin 8080 SEMP TLS/SSL 943 SMF 55555 SMF compression 55003 SMF routing 55556 SMF TLS/SSL 55443 Web Transport 80 Web Transport TLS/SSL 443 MQTT on Message VPN
1883 MQTT TLS/SSL on Message VPN
8883 MQTT over WebSockets on Message VPN
8000 MQTT TLS/SSL over WebSockets on Message VPN
8443 REST on Message VPN
9000 REST TLS/SSL on Message VPN
9443 High Availability (HA) Mate Link (TCP) 8741 HA Group Configuration Synchronization (UDP) 5404 and 5405
For information on how to modify the router configuration with the Solace CLI, refer to the sections provided in the Router Configuration category of the Solace customer documentation.
- TLS/SSL services will not become operational until a server certificate is installed.
- In cloud environments (AWS), ports are typically blocked by the default security group. To access these ports, you have to allow access in the security group.