Using the Event Portal's RESTful API, you can integrate other applications, systems, or client applications with Event Portal, and model or retrieve your event-driven architectures from your own client applications.
You can access the REST API by communicating with the host at
https://api.solace.cloud/api/v1/eventPortal. Note that the URL is used to perform REST API calls and cannot be accessed from the browser.
As Event API Product (EAPs) is a Beta feature, REST API for retrieving an EAP’s AsyncAPI document is currently not available through the above mentioned URL. To retrive an EAP's AsycnAPI document, refer to Retrieving an EAP's AsyncAPI Document using REST . Note that EAP is currently in Beta stage, and the feature including its API version (v0) will undergo changes that may not be backwards compatible.
To perform REST API calls, you will need an API token. Use your
- Log in to the PubSub+ Cloud Console if you have not done so yet. The URL to access the Cloud Console differs based on your authentication scheme. For more information, see Login URLs for the PubSub+ Cloud Console.
If you're already logged in to the PubSub+ Cloud Console and belong to multiple accounts (Workspaces), ensure that you select the account that you want to create an API token for. To do this, click User & Account from the navigation bar, and in the submenu below the Notifications Settings, select the account you want to create an API token for.
- At the bottom of the left-hand menu, click the user icon, and then click Token Management.
- On the top-right corner, click the Create Token button.
- On the Create Token page, in the Token Name box, type a unique name for the API token.
- Navigate to Event Portal section and on the Select Permissions section, click the toggle beside the permission you want to enable.
The permissions you can set and see depend on your assigned account role. If you don't see some permissions (or see additional permissions) listed on the Create Tokenpage as shown in the illustration, you may not have the required permissions for your account. Contact your account administrator or Solace support if there is a problem with your permissions.
The permissions shown below are useful for completing the tutorials and for development purposes only to fully utilize the REST API capabilities. API tokens that you use in production must assign only the minimum set of permissions (a subset of the above permissions) that are required for your client applications to function. For example, don't assign a permission such as Create User or Delete User if the application never needs to manage users. For more information, see Managing API Tokens.
The example shown below is useful for completing the tutorials or for development purposes only. The recommended practice is to create multiple API tokens with a subset of required permissions.
Event Portal permissions:
- Click the Generate Token button at the bottom of the page.
- In the dialog box that appears, click the Copy button to copy the API token to your clipboard for later use.
For security reasons, this dialog doesn't appear again. If you lose the token or forget to copy it to your clipboard, you must regenerate the API token or create one.
To use this API token, put the value that you copied in the following REST header for any calls to your account (Workspace):
Authorization: Bearer <Your New Token>
The Event Portal REST API has an OpenAPI specification document to help you navigate your way through the REST APIs. Click the button below to access the OpenAPI spec.