Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) 1.0 is an open standard application layer protocol for message-oriented middleware. Solace PubSub+ event brokers provide service for AMQP 1.0 clients on both Solace PubSub+ software event brokers and Solace PubSub+ 3520s and 3560s. In this section we'll show you how to configure your Solace PubSub+ event broker for AMQP 1.0 messaging.
To enable AMQP service on an event broker, the following configurations are required:
- Guaranteed Messaging and message spooling must be enabled (by default, these are enabled for software event brokers). See Configuring Guaranteed Messaging.
- For any Message VPNs that the AMQP clients will connect to, the client usernames used must have client profiles that allow Guaranteed message publishing and receiving (by default, these are enabled for Solace PubSub+ software event brokers). See Client Authorization Configuration.
- The listen ports must be configured for the AMQP connections. You can configure global listen ports that are shared between all Message VPNs or set listen ports per-Message VPN.
- For connections arriving through a global listen port, a virtual hostname must be configured and mapped to a corresponding Message VPN. For instructions, refer to Configuring the Virtual Hostname.
- The system-level AMQP service must be enabled. For instructions, see Enabling System-Level AMQP Service.
- The AMQP service must be enabled on the Message VPN. Refer to Enable/Disable AMQP Service for VPNs.