Configuring Event Brokers for REST Messaging
Guaranteed Messaging must be enabled (refer to Guaranteed Messaging) before a Solace PubSub+ event broker can send or receive REST messages. Also, you configure a number of parameters, as noted in the sections below, to enable an event broker to receive or publish REST messages.
Follow the steps below to configure a Solace PubSub+ event broker to receive REST Messages.
- Enable system-level REST service for incoming REST connections (refer to REST Service Management).
- Configure incoming REST service for one or more Message VPNs (refer to Configuring Incoming Connections).
Follow the steps below to configure a Solace PubSub+ event broker to publish REST Messages.
- Enable system-level REST service for outgoing REST connections (refer to Enabling Outgoing REST Connections.)
- Configure and enable a REST Delivery Point (RDP) within a REST-enabled Message VPN (refer to Managing REST Delivery Points).
- Configure and enable a REST Consumer (refer to Configuring REST Consumers).
- Configure connection parameters for the REST Consumer (refer to Configuring Remote Connection Info for REST Consumers).