Deployment Options for PubSub+ Cloud
Choosing the right deployment option is a critical part of building a well-design event-driven application. Operational cost, location, resource provisioning, configuration management, security and other concerns are important factors to consider when selecting a deployment solution, but there are two main factors that influence your choice of deployment: the ownership model and the connectivity requirements.
The ownership model refers to the location of the region where the Mission Control Agent and software event brokers are installed. These are the variants of ownership:
- Solace-Controlled Region: Dedicated event broker services are deployed in a Solace-controlled shared VPC/VNet on public cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure.
- Solace-Controlled, Customer-Dedicated Region: Dedicated event broker services are deployed in a Solace-controlled VPC/VNet dedicated to the customer on public cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, and Microsoft Azure.
- Customer-Controlled Region: Dedicated event broker services are deployed in a customer's on-premises or cloud-based Kubernetes cluster, such as OpenShift, Rancher, Amazon (EKS), Azure (AKS, ARO), Google (GKE), Alibaba (ACK), Huawei (CCE), and more.
For details about these options and the use cases they apply to, see PubSub+ Cloud Deployment Ownership Models.
The connectivity of a deployment refers to the way messaging clients access the event broker services. A messaging client can connect in three ways: via the public internet, via private IP addresses, or via a hybrid of both.
- Public Internet: Messaging clients connect to the event broker service endpoints over the public internet.
- Private IP Addresses: Messaging clients connect to the event broker service endpoints via private routes inside the customer's network.
- Hybrid: Messaging clients in internal networks connect to PubSub+ Cloud via VPN. Messaging clients in the customer's cloud networks connect via network peering. Certain messaging applications may also be given access to PubSub+ Cloud via the public Internet.
For details about options and the use cases they apply to, see PubSub+ Cloud Deployment Connectivity Models.
To help you choose the right deployment, the Deployment Options Comparison page lists some key characteristics about each option. The Decision Tree: Deployment Ownership Model gives you a visual flow to help you decide what deployment type is right for your organization.