PubSub+ Broker Manager
PubSub+ Broker Manager is a browser-based administration console packaged with PubSub+ software event broker. It's a next generation user interface (UI) for configuring, viewing, and troubleshooting your event broker.
To access and begin using PubSub+ Broker Manager do one of the following:
For PubSub+ Event Broker: Software
Open a browser and enter one of the following URLs:
- To connect using HTTP, enter: http://<your-Solace PubSub+ software event broker's-address>:8080 (port 80 for an appliance).
- To connect using HTTPS, enter: https://<your-Solace PubSub+ software event broker's-address>:943 (port 443 for an appliance).
- Log in as a Solace CLI user with an
adminglobal access level.
When accessing PubSub+ Broker Manager for software event broker or appliance, if both HTTP and HTTPS ports are configured and operationally Up, all HTTP requests will be redirected to secure HTTPS port. To learn how you can enable or disable this feature, refer to Configuring HTTP-to-HTTPS Redirect for PubSub+ Broker Manager.
PubSub+ Broker Manager does not support the use of multi-byte UTF-8 sequences as part of the username or password during login. If you attempt to use a multi-byte UTF-8 sequence as part of a username or password, the login will fail as if the username or password were incorrect.
For PubSub+ Event Broker: Cloud
- On the PubSub+ Cloud Console, select Cluster Manager on the left navigation bar.
- Click an event broker service of your choice.
- Click Open PubSub+ Broker Manager located on the top-right corner of the event broker service. The PubSub+ Broker Manager web interface opens in another tab within your browser. It's important to note that this interface is separate from the Cloud Console.
PubSub+ Broker Manager is a web-based interface that looks like this:
From here, you can administer system-wide features such as clustering and guaranteed messaging, or dig deeper into features such as queues for the Message VPN.
You can configure OAuth to enable users of PubSub+ Broker Manager to log in via an OAuth provider.
When OAuth is configured and enabled, an additional button displays on the login screen. You can have multiple login buttons depending on how many providers you have configured. Clicking the button will redirect the user to the OAuth provider's login page. If the user is already logged with the provider, they will be immediately redirected back to PubSub+ Broker Manager. If the users have multiple accounts with the OAuth provider and wish to switch accounts, they can log out and then log back in.
To learn how to enable OAuth authentication for PubSub+ Broker Manager, see Configuring OAuth Authentication.
PubSub+ Broker Manager includes an integrated publisher and subscriber that you can use to test your event broker operation and configuration by sending and receiving test messages.
To send and receive a test message from your event broker:
- Select a Message VPN and navigate to Try Me!.
- Click Connect to connect the Publisher to your event broker.
- Click Connect to connect the Subscriber to your event broker.
- In the Subscriber pane, click Subscribe to subscribe to the default try-me topic.
- In the Publisher pane, click Publish to publish a "Hello World" message to the try-me topic. The message you published is displayed under Messages in the Subscriber pane.