The Solace PubSub+ Messaging API for iOS allows applications to send and receive direct messages with a Solace PubSub+ event broker.
The Solace PubSub+ Messaging API for iOS supports all common message exchange patterns.
- Publish / Subscribe
- Request / Reply
For more information, see Message Exchange Patterns.
The Solace PubSub+ Messaging API for iOS supports:
- Connection management to PubSub+ event brokers
- Addition and removal of topic subscriptions
- Sending and receiving direct messages
- Structured data types that allow interoperability between various architectures and programming languages
- Request / Reply messaging support
The iOS API doesn't currently support the following features:
- Sending and receiving guaranteed messages
- Session Transactions
- XA Transactions
- PubSub+ Cache Client API support
- Queue browsing
- Topic dispatch
These tutorials introduce you to how to develop iOS applications for common messaging requirements, and they will get you up-to-speed and sending messages with PubSub+ as quickly as possible. They cover pub/sub, message persistence, request/reply, and more.
There are three ways you can get started using a PubSub+ event broker:
- If you have PubSub+ event brokers already deployed, obtain the hostname or IP address of an event broker to test against, a username and password to access it, and a Message VPN in which you can produce and consume messages.
- You can set up a software event broker as a container or machine image. For more information, see one of the following:
- You can spin up an event broker service, which is a SaaS-based software event broker running in PubSub+ Cloud.
The reference for the Solace PubSub+ Messaging API for C can be consulted for information about the Solace PubSub+ Messaging API for iOS, which is a native wrapper of the C API. Click the button to access the Solace PubSub+ Messaging API for C.
Click below to download the latest release notes for the Solace PubSub+ Messaging API for iOS.