Setting Up Standalone Event Management Agents
If you want to import broker data into additional tools that support AsyncAPI specifications or if your organization's policies won't allow you to connect Event Portal to your brokers, you can use the Event Management Agent as a standalone tool.
The Event Management Agent includes the following broker plugins:
- Solace PubSub+
- Apache Kafka
If you use standalone Event Management Agents, you can initiate scans and manage the data using APIs.
Downloading the Event Management Agent Files
To download the Event Management Agent:
- In a new browser tab, visit the Solace Labs repository in GitHub.
- Follow the instructions in the README to update and install an Event Management Agent
Initiating an Event Broker Scan
If you set up an Event Management Agent as a standalone tool you can initiate a scan using the Event Management Agent REST API. You must supply authentication and identification attributes for each plugin. For more information, see the REST Interface documentation in GitHub.
Collecting Scanned Data into Event Portal Manually
If your network configuration and your organization's security policies don't allow you to connect a broker to Event Portal through a firewall, you can set up two Event Management Agents and collect runtime data using the following steps:
- In Event Portal, set up an Event Management Agent connection.
- Set up an Event Management Agent that can connect to Event Portal.
- Install a second Event Management Agent without a connection to Event Portal that can connect to the broker.
- Use the REST API to configure the second Event Management Agent to initiate a scan and then create a .zip file containing the scanned data according to the instructions in GitHub.
- Locate the .zip file.
- Use a method approved by your organization's security policies to copy the .zip file to the same folder location for the Event Management Agent that is connected to Event Portal.
Event Portal automatically extracts the data from the .zip file and imports the data.