Message VPN bridges can be used to link two Message VPNs. If you are not familiar with the basic concepts underlying the behavior of bridges and their use, take a look at Message VPN Bridges. In this section we'll assume you're familiar with the basics and discuss the steps necessary for bridge configuration.
You can set up Message VPN Bridges in two ways:
- PubSub+ Broker Manager
- The Broker Manager provides a Click-to-Connect configuration wizard for setting up Message VPN Bridges. Solace recommends using this method. You need only to launch the wizard from one end of the bridge and the wizard sets the bridge up on both ends. For more information, see Creating a Message VPN Bridge with Click-to-Connect.
- Manual Set Up
- Alternatively, you can follow the instructions below to manually configure Message VPN Bridges using the Solace CLI.
Use the following steps to configure a unidirectional bridge between Message VPNs:
- Create a bridge in a local Message VPN. See Configuring VPN Bridges.
- Configure the remote Message VPN that the bridge will connect to. See Configuring Remote Message VPNs.
- If you want to transport Direct messages over the bridge, set topic subscriptions for the bridge. See Configuring Remote Subscription Topics.
- If you want to transport Guaranteed Messages over the bridge, specify an existing durable queue that is provisioned on the remote Message VPN to associate with the bridge. See Configuring Message Spool Queues.
- Optional: Enable SSL encryption for communication over the bridge. See TLS/SSL Encryption Configuration for VPN Bridges.
- Enable the access for the bridge to the specified remote Message VPN. See Enabling Access to Remote VPN Bridge Connections.
- Enable the bridge. See Starting/Stopping Bridge Connections.
- Optional: If you want to establish a bi-directional bridge between the Message VPNs (that is, for messages pass over the bridge in both directions), you must repeat steps 1 through 6 to configure another bridge that uses the same Message VPNs but in the reverse order.
The provisioned queue must have the appropriate topic subscriptions assigned to it (see Adding Topic Subscriptions to Queues), and it must have an exclusive access type (see Configuring Access Types).
That is, this second bridge must be created in the Message VPN that was previously specified as the remote Message VPN, and the remote Message VPN this second bridge is to link to must be the Message VPN that was previously specified as the local Message VPN.