What is PubSub+ Cloud?
PubSub+ Cloud is a complete event streaming, event management, and monitoring platform that incorporates best practices, expertise, and technology for event-driven architecture (EDA) on a single platform. PubSub+ Cloud is offered as a software-as-a-service (SaaS) that gives you everything you need to accelerate your organization's EDA adoption, and enables to you to fulfill modern use cases that demand real-time, intelligent event streaming. PubSub+ Cloud provides an intuitive, unified interface to design, deploy, manage, monitor, and govern your event streaming infrastructure (including the events that flow over it) in the most secure manner.
PubSub+ Cloud offers these categories of service:
- Event Streaming
- PubSub+ Mission Control provides event streaming services. PubSub+ Mission Control gives you access to event broker services that provide advanced features like the publish-subscribe messaging pattern, queuing, streaming, replay, and request-reply, while we do all the heavy lifting to dynamically deploy, upgrade, patch, and operate your service. We engineer it all to be secure, resilient, and cost-optimized so you can focus on building applications and your EDA. In addition to this, you can manage your event broker services whether they are located in the cloud or on-premises, easily visualize and design event meshes, securely centralize the management of your EDA, and easily scale to drive your EDA forward.
- Though PubSub+ Cloud is offered as a SaaS, it extends beyond the cloud as it supports infrastructure and EDAs across hybrid cloud solutions and your on-premises deployments. This provides you a cloud-managed solution. In addition, PubSub+ Cloud can manage PubSub+ event brokers not only in Solace-controlled cloud environments, but also your virtual private cloud environments and in your on-premises deployments. This architecture is similar to how VMware Tanzu and Google Anthos provide a control plane for Kubernetes.
- Event Management
- PubSub+ Cloud provides event management services in PubSub+ Event Portal. We provide you powerful tools to create, design, share, and manage various aspects of your EDA based on PubSub+ Platform event brokers or other streaming technologies (e.g., Kafka). In addition, we provide leading-edge technology that offers runtime discovery and the cataloging of events, schemas, and application interactions running in your EDA. We also fully support the AsyncAPI 2.0.0 specification so that you can easily generate code, generate documentation, validate events, and apply API management policies for applications in your EDA.
- Event Monitoring and Insights
- With PubSub+ Insights, we do the work to provide curated dashboards, easy-to-understand visualizations based on historical and real-time metrics, and timely notifications about your event broker services. This advanced information allows you to identify problems before they occur and helps you to better manage your services as your EDA scales. You can work with Solace to configure your monitoring to meet your needs. For advanced monitoring requirements, there's a single entry point to build custom visualizations to meet your organization's requirements. Coupled with visualizations is a notification email framework that alerts you when key metrics fall outside of your established thresholds. These notifications allow you monitor what's occurring and correct developing issues before that might impact or degrade your EDA. You can configure these notifications to integrate with your existing notification and logging systems.
Components of PubSub+ Cloud
The components of PubSub+ Cloud are as follows:
- PubSub+ Cloud Console
- PubSub+ Mission Control
- PubSub+ Event Portal
- PubSub+ Insights
- PubSub+ Cloud also offers various deployment options and a REST API
PubSub+ Cloud Console
Event streaming, event management, and event monitoring are accessible through an intuitive, unified interface in the PubSub+ Cloud Console. You can manage your PubSub+ Cloud accounts from the Cloud Console and optionally integrate with your organization's Azure Active Directory (AD). Our Cloud Console can also use Single Sign-On (SSO), making it easy for all users to work and collaborate together to drive your organization's EDA mission forward. For more information about managing users and including Azure AD authentication, see Managing PubSub+ Cloud Accounts and Users and Azure Active Directory (AD) with PubSub+ Cloud, respectively.
PubSub+ Mission Control
PubSub+ Mission Control makes it easy to deploy event brokers, create event meshes, and optimize and monitor the health and performance of an event-driven system.
To learn more, see Mission Control Overview.
PubSub+ Event Portal
PubSub+ Event Portal is the single place to design, create, discover, share, secure and manage all of the events within your ecosystem. Event Portal is a section in the Cloud Console. To learn more, see PubSub+ Event Portal Overview.
PubSub+ Insights is an advanced monitoring service that allows you to detect potential issues before they have a negative impact on your brokers and event broker services. You can use it to receive email notifications and understand the performance of your event broker services. To learn more, see PubSub+ Insights Overview.
Deploying PubSub+ Cloud
You use PubSub+ Cloud as a fully managed SaaS, or deploy event broker services in your private cloud environments or in Kubernetes (in the cloud or on-premises). To learn about the different ways you can deploy messaging services, see Overview of Deploying PubSub+ Event Broker: Cloud.
PubSub+ Cloud REST API
You can use the PubSub+ Cloud REST API to manage accounts, users, services, and more. For details, see Understanding the PubSub+ Cloud REST API.