Configure, Test, and Enable Single Sign-On (SSO) for PubSub+ Cloud
In this tutorial, you''ll learn how to enable, test, or change Single Sign-On (SSO) settings for your account in
Before You Begin
- You must have Administrator permission for your enterprise PubSub+ Cloud account
- Ability to create applications with your OIDC-based identity provider such as Okta, Auth0, PingOne, or Azure Active Directory (AD)
Setting Up SSO Configuration
Configuring SSO for your PubSub+ Cloud account is a three step process:
- Send a request for a preferred subdomain
- Create an application with your OIDC-based identity provider. For some examples, see Configuring an OpenID Connect Identity Provider.
After your subdomain is activated, configure, test, and enable SSO
To start the SSO setup, you will require a subdomain—PubSub+ Cloud team will create one for you.
To request a preferred subdomain, do the following:
- Navigate to User & Accounts > Account Details.
- Select the Account Settings tab.
- Click the Set up SSO button.
- In the dialog that appears, write your subdomain in the Preferred subdomain field and add any additional comments. Your identity provider will use this subdomain to accept authentication request.
- Click Send Request.
Once your request for a subdomain is processed, additional SSO configuration options will be available as shown in the image below.
You need the following information from your identity provider to configure your SSO settings: Client ID, Client Secret, and OIDC Discovery URL. For some examples on how to get the above information from your identify provider, see Configuring an OpenID Connect Identity Provider.
To configure and enable SSO for your PubSub+ Cloud account, perform the following steps:
- Click Configure Settings.
- In the dialog that appears, enter the Client ID, Client Secret, and OIDC Discovery URL.
- Click Save Settings. You can view the saved settings using the expand arrow.
- Once the SSO settings are saved, you can test your configuration or enable SSO to push it live.
- To test your SSO configuration, select the Test Configuration button. The test will open in a new window, where you be will automatically redirected to your SSO provider.
To enable your SSO configuration, select the Enable SSO button.
After enabling the SSO, you can also update your SSO configuration and re-test it before applying the changes. To delete your SSO setup or temporarily disable it, contact Solace.