Solace Element Management Protocol version 2 (SEMP v2) is a RESTful API that you can use to configure Solace message routers. It complements the Solace CLI and SolAdmin thick client GUI and provides a programmatic way to apply configurations to Solace message routers.
To learn about using SEMP, use any of the following resources:
- Get Started—Tutorials that are provided on the Solace Developer portal. These tutorials will walk you through how to execute a few SEMP commands natively in HTTP and through an auto-generated client library.
- SEMP Concepts—An overview of the SEMP API and its key concepts.
- API reference—Developer API documentation that covers SEMPʼs REST resources.
- Legacy SEMP—Information on how to use the legacy SEMP API which existed prior to SEMP v2.
The SEMP v2 API is being released iteratively with an initial focus on enabling Message VPN configuration on Solace routers. With each release, more commands and more functionality will be added. Below is a summary of the current support in SEMP v2. For commands and operations not yet supported in SEMP v2, you must use the legacy SEMP API.
- Most Message VPN configuration commands (see exceptions below).
The following commands and operations are currently unsupported:
- All admin commands.
- All monitoring commands.
- Most system-level configuration commands.
- For Message VPNs, replicated topic configuration commands are supported. Other Message VPN-level replication configuration commands are not supported.