Solace Element Management Protocol version 2 (SEMP v2) is a RESTful API that you can use to configure Solace PubSub+ message brokers. It complements Solace's CLI and SolAdmin, and provides a programmable way to configure Solace PubSub+ message brokers.
You can learn more about SEMP from these resources:
- Get Started with SEMP—These tutorials, located in the Solace Developer portal, walk you through how to execute a few SEMP commands natively in HTTP and through an auto-generated client library.
- SEMP Concepts—An overview of the SEMP API.
- SEMP API Developer Reference—Developer API documentation that covers SEMPʼs REST resources.
- Legacy SEMP—Information on how to use the legacy SEMP API that existed prior to SEMP v2.
The SEMP v2 API is being released iteratively with an initial focus on enabling Message VPN configuration on Solace PubSub+ message brokers. With each release, more commands and functionality will be added. Below is a summary of the current support in SEMP v2. For commands and operations not yet supported in SEMP v2, you must use the legacy SEMP API.
- Most Message VPN configuration commands (see exceptions below).
The following commands and operations are currently unsupported:
- All admin commands
- All monitoring commands
- Most system-level configuration commands