Accessing PubSub+ Cloud
You'll learn the following tasks in this tutorial to access the PubSub+ Cloud and then decide on the next tutorials to:
Before You Begin
Before you begin, you require an email address to register your trial account.
To get started, you need an account. If you don't have one yet, you can sign up for a Free Trial PubSub+ Cloud account using a supported web browser; otherwise, use your account to login using the steps in the following section. The Free Trial account is sufficient for this and the other tutorials in this help, but you can use a Starter, Professional, or Enterprise account as well. For a list of supported browsers, see Supported Web Browsers.
- In your browser, visit the New Account page, enter the requested information, and you'll be logged into the PubSub+ Cloud.
To start using PubSub+ Cloud, log in to the PubSub+ Cloud Console. From there take a look around to familiarize yourself with the interface:
- If you aren't logged into PubSub+ Cloud, in a browser, go to the PubSub+ Cloudlogin page at https://console.solace.cloud/login.
- Enter in your email and password that you used when you signed up and then click Sign in.
- You should now be logged in to the PubSub+ Cloud Console.
- Take a tour of the Cloud Console if it's your first time; otherwise, jump in and start some other tutorials.
Before you start your journey to learn about PubSub+ Cloud, let's take a tour of the Cloud Console.
The first page is the Welcome page that shows the tools that you can use, based on the roles that you're assigned. On the left, is a navigation bar that remains static so that you can jump from tool to tool as required. On the bottom of the navigation bar, these are the actions available:
- Learn & Help
- Links to the PubSub+ Cloud documentation, feature introductions, Solace Developer Community, Support page, and a chat to directly contact us.
- System information about your account. For more information, see System Notifications.
- User & Account
- Your profile information, account details, managing API tokens, notification settings, and a menu to switch accounts if your profile is part of more than one PubSub+ Cloud account. For more information about account, see Managing PubSub+ Cloud Accounts and Users.
On the Welcome page, the top-right corner shows the number days left in your trial.
To access these services, you can select the tool from the navigation bar or click a card on the Welcome page.
To manage event streaming, you use Mission Control. Mission Control. Mission Control provides the following tools:
- Cluster Manager
- You use this tool create, configure, and manage event broker services. For more information, see Cluster Manager.
- Mesh Manager
- You use this tool to visualize and connect your event broker services. For more information, see Mesh Manager (Beta).
The following illustration shows where Mission Control is located and where you can select Cluster Manager and Mesh Manager:
To design, discover, visualize, and share the various aspects of your event-driven architecture (EDA), you use Event Portal. The Event Portal consists of the following tools:
- You use this tool to design and view all aspects of your EDA. For more information, see Event Queue.
- You use this tool to browse events, schemas, and applications. it has an interface permits you to search, sort, and filter events in your EDA. For more information, see PubSub+ Event Portal Overview.
- You can discover and visualize events in your EDA, This includes the discovery and import of events, schemas, and application interactions. For more information, see PubSub+ Event Portal Overview.
- Event API Products
- You can bundle your events into an Event API Product and release it to external developers for consumption. For more information, see Event API Products (Beta).
The following illustration shows where Event Portal is located and where you can select Designer, Discovery, Catalog, and Event API Products:
- You use this tool to monitor your event broker services and receive alerts, making it easier for teams to ensure their event broker services and applications are performing as they should. For more information, see PubSub+ Insights Overview.
To monitor and get an insight of your EDA, you can access dashboard visualizations of historical data and notifications regarding your event broker service using PubSub+ Insights. Insights is accessible from a tab for each service. The illustration below shows where to access PubSub+ Insights visualizations:
Now that you're logged in, you can try the following tutorials which are starting points based on what you are trying to accomplish.
- If you want to learn how to use event streaming with PubSub+ Cloud, you can start by creating an event broker service. For more information, see Creating Your First Event Broker Service.
- To begin managing events existing event and event streams with PubSub+ Cloud, you can start with any of the tutorials available with PubSub+ Event Portal. For more information, see Getting Started with PubSub+ Event Portal.
- To get an overview of monitoring and using PubSub+ Insights, see PubSub+ Insights Overview.