After you've understood the main concepts and tried some simple examples, you can move on to more complex tasks like the ones listed below.
Setting up PubSub+
Solace PubSub+ event brokers can be deployed in a variety of environments. You can:
- set up the Setting up the PubSub+ Appliance
- sign up for a PubSub+ account
- set up a software event broker:
- as a cloud image in AWS
- as an OCI-compliant Docker image compatible with Docker Engine, Kubernetes, and other runtime and orchestration environments
- as a machine image for Microsoft Hyper-V and more
- check out our Deployment Quick Starts for templates to help you deploy your software event brokers in a number of environments
- use our Connectors and Integration Guides to quickly set up your PubSub+ event brokers with third-party services
Operating a Solace PubSub+ Environment
You might need to do to some of the following to extend or scale your system:
- Set up Message VPNs to create separate messaging domains for your applications.
- Connect message VPNs using Message VPN Bridges
- Link neighboring PubSub+ event brokers with multi-node routing to allow messages published from clients connected to one event broker to be delivered to clients connected to other event brokers.
- Create an event mesh using Dynamic Message Routing (DMR) to automatically connect geographically distributed PubSub+ sites.
- Configure a microgateway to perform load balancing, request prioritization, multi-protocol message delivery and more.
- Maintain high availability (HA) with event broker redundancy, which allows a standby broker to take over if the primary broker fails for any reason.
- Enable disaster recovery with data center replication. With replication, guaranteed messages published one data center are automatically propagated to a standby data center in a separate geographic location.
- Review the Security Overview to make sure your system is set up to properly manage authentication, authorization, auditing, and encryption.
PubSub+ Cloud automatically manages many aspects of configuration and management:
- An event broker service consists of a single message VPN. For information, see Getting Started with PubSub+ Cloud.
- For service classes other than Developer, event broker services automatically have DMR enabled. See Mesh Manager (Beta) for details.
- High Availability is enabled by default. For more information, see High Availability in PubSub+ Cloud.
- Data center replication in PubSub+ Cloud is handled by the cloud service provider's infrastructure.
There are a lot of different options for application building with PubSub+ event brokers and cloud messaging services. Here are a few examples to get you started.
- Try one of our Codelabs.
- Learn about features of the Solace PubSub+ platform to create event-driven, distributed applications using modern frameworks and languages (TypeScript in Aurelia and Java in Spring Cloud Stream) by implementing a multiplayer game of Battleship.
- Understand the best practice of publishing to topics and consuming from queues. Try one or more of these tutorials:
- Don't want to learn a messaging API? Use our Spring Cloud Stream Binder.