The PubSub+ Messaging API for JMS uses the standard JMS interface to provide JMS service for Java-based applications through a PubSub+ event broker. For information about version support in the PubSub+ JMS API see Supported Environments.
To use the Solace JMS implementation in a Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) application server environment, you can deploy a Solace‑provided, Java Connector Architecture (JCA) 1.5-compliant resource adapter for the particular Application Server platform being used to provide enterprise applications with connectivity to event brokers. Solace currently provides a Resource Adapter for Red Hat JBoss EAP 6.2 and WebSphere Application Server V7 and V8. For more information, refer to Using Solace JMS in JEE Environments.
Message Exchange Patterns
The PubSub+ Messaging API for JMS supports all common message exchange patterns.
- Point to Point
The PubSub+ Messaging API for JMS supports the following common API features.
- Connection management to the PubSub+ event broker
- Addition and removal of topic subscriptions
- Sending and receiving direct and guaranteed messages
- Structured data types that do not rely on a specific architecture or programming language
- Extensive support for logging and customizing through property parameters
- Request/Reply messaging support
- Session Transactions
- XA Transactions
- Queue browsing
- Topic dispatch
- Maven support
- OAuth 2.0 Authentication