If you are interested in using Solace PubSub+ Standard, the recommended method to get an instance up-and-running is to use the 1-Click Launch wizard provided at the Solace PubSub+ Standard Edition page in the AWS Marketplace. It'll walk you through the use of the Solace PubSub+ Standard Launch wizard.
- Before you begin
- Step 1: Start an Instance with 1-Click Launch Wizard
- Step 2: Update Instance Settings
- Step 3: Access the Solace CLI
- Next Steps
If you'd like more control over your event broker configuration, you can manually deploy it using the steps presented at AWS Manual Set Up.
It's assumed you have:
- an AWS account.
- created an EC2 key pair.
We'll begin by going to the Solace PubSub+ Standard Edition page in the AWS Marketplace. From there you can access the 1-Click Launch wizard for deploying a Solace PubSub+ Standard instance on EC2.
- Upon selecting the above link you will be taken to the overview page where you can review the event broker's features as well as pricing and usage information.
- Select the Continue to Subscribe button to go to the Solace PubSub+ Standard 1-Click Launch page.
- Review the following settings and modify if necessary:
- EC2 Instance Type
- VPC Settings
- Security Group
- Key Pair
The default values will configure a full-featured, production deployable event broker instance based on the most recent version of Solace PubSub+ Standard.
- Select the Launch with 1-click button to deploy the event broker instance on EC2.
Once the event broker instance is up-and-running you can modify some instance settings prior to use.
- Under the instance's Tags tab you can assign a name or other suitable tags.
- The default Security Group has a single inbound rule for port 22 that allows you to SSH into the host. By selecting the Security Group's name in the instance's Description tab you can add rules to allow the operation of whatever event broker services you require. A list of the default service ports can be found on the Default Configuration for Software Event Brokers page. For example, to use the PubSub+ Manager for configuration and management tasks, access to port 8080 is required.
You can access the Solace CLI from the host environment. This is done through the Solace Control Utility by using the
solacectl cli command. The first thing you should do is set a password for the admin user, which has access to all CLI commands, and will allow you to configure and monitor the event broker via the PubSub+ Manager.
To access the Solace CLI, SSH into the host and then follow the steps below.
- To enter the Solace CLI from the host, enter this command.
[sysadmin@solace ~]$ solacectl cli
A CLI banner and prompt will appear.
>prompt, you are at the User EXEC level of the Solace CLI command structure.
- Within the Solace CLI, enter the following commands to create an admin user named
solace(configure)# create username admin password <password>
solace(configure/username)# global-access-level admin
- For information on how to get started with Solace CLI, refer to Solace CLI.
You now have a Solace PubSub+ software event broker instance with a basic configuration. To get yourself going, you can access either the Solace management tools PubSub+ Manager, Solace CLI, SolAdmin to start issuing configuration or monitoring commands. Please note that to use either the PubSub+ Manager or SolAdmin you need to have added event broker service port 8080 to your Security Group.
To access the Solace PubSub+ Manager:
- Open a browser and enter:
- Log in as the admin user you created in Step 3.
Also, in order to fully utilize the messaging features, you should familiarize yourself with event broker configuration operations common to both software event brokers and appliances. For information, see the topics in the Configuration section.