The Solace PubSub+ Messaging API for Java (JCSMP) uses the Java Content Subscription Management Protocol (JCSMP) and is a 100% pure Java implementation. This API delivers high message throughput and reasonably low latency that use legacy Java language features and programming models. All applications that utilize this classic Java API continue to function and are supported. You can continue to use this classic Java API to build new messaging applications, however, if you want to use a Java API that utilizes modern interfaces, patterns, and programming models, consider using the Java API.
The JCSMP API supports all common message exchange patterns.
- Publish / Subscribe
- Request / Reply
For more information, see Message Exchange Patterns.
The JCSMP API supports all common API features.
- Connection management to Solace PubSub+ event brokers
- Addition and removal of topic subscriptions
- Sending and receiving messages Direct and Guaranteed messages
- Structured data types that do not rely on a specific architecture or programming language
- Extensive support for logging and customizing through property parameters
- Request / Reply messaging support
- Session Transactions
- PubSub+ Cache Client API support
- Queue browsing
- Maven support
- Message Replay
- Provisioning of durable endpoints
The JCSMP does not currently support the following features:
- Topic dispatch
- XA Transactions
These tutorials introduce you to how to develop applications using the JCSMP API for common messaging requirements, and they will get you up-to-speed and sending messages with Solace PubSub+ as quickly as possible. They cover pub/sub, message persistence, request/reply, and more.
There are three ways you can get started:
- If you have PubSub+ event brokers already deployed, obtain the hostname, or IP address, of an event broker to test against, a username and password to access it, and a Message VPN in which you can produce and consume messages.
- You can go through an Initial Set Up of a software event broker.
- You can spin up Solace PubSub+ Cloud.
But, before you begin, consider watching this video where our Developer Advocate, demonstrates how quickly you can get started with Solace's JCSMP Samples.
Click below to access the API developer reference for the Solace PubSub+ Messaging API for Java (JCSMP).
Click below to download the latest release notes for the Solace PubSub+ Messaging API for Java (JCSMP).