The REST API for
Learn About v2 REST APIs
These REST APIs follow set standards, have full reference documentation, and have consistent interfaces.
About Different Versions of the REST APIs
In PubSub+ Cloud, there are different versions of the REST APIs for PubSub+ Cloud. The version of the API is found in the API path. For example, you can see that the following endpoint is a
When you develop, Solace recommends that you use
v2 APIs whenever possible. The versions of the REST API available in PubSub+ Cloud are as follows:
v2—The current (and more modern)
v2REST APIs closely follow set Solace standards, have full reference documentation and provide consistent interfaces and behavior.
The APIs are available earlier and therefore have release stages, such as Generally Available, Beta, or Early Access. For more information, see the v2 REST API documentation.
v0—Legacy versions of the REST APIs aren't as feature rich, and may have inconsistencies. Documentation for
v1APIs are provided below as tutorials and often are not fully documented.
In general, you can mix usage of different versions of the API in your application except for Event Portal APIs. Event Portal APIs align with the version of Event Portal you are using. For example, if you're using Event Portal 2.0, you must use only Event Portal
We recommend that you use
v2 APIs when possible. Legacy
v1 APIs are available and can be used to fulfill functionality requirements that
v2 APIs don't yet provide.
For information about the legacy REST APIs, see the following sections:
- Managing Client Profiles with the PubSub+ Cloud REST API
- Managing Services with the PubSub+ Cloud REST API
- Managing Users with the PubSub+ Cloud REST API
- Managing Authentication with the PubSub+ Cloud REST API
- Managing Certificates with the PubSub+ Cloud REST API
- Event Portal REST API
- Event Portal OpenAPI Specification
The following REST APIs are
v2 REST APIs that have not yet moved over to the to the REST API v2 documentation page.
- Managing Single Sign-On for Event Broker Services with the PubSub+ Cloud REST API
- Managing Audit Logs with the PubSub+ Cloud REST API
API Rate Limiting
The number of REST APIs requests from a client session in PubSub+ Cloud are evaluated every 30 seconds in a rolling window of five minutes. Within that five minute period, API rating limiting is applied if the rate limit is reached or exceeded. When API rating limiting is applied, your applications:
- Receive 429 error codes as responses to for refused client requests.
- May experience throttling for client requests.
Solace reserves the right to adjust the rate limits at any time to ensure a high quality service for all users of our platform. If you are subjected to rate limiting, reduce your request rate.